This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My ride will not update to Garmin Connect when finished and saved.

Whenever I finish a ride, I stop the trip and save the ride. I let my phone and Edge 1040 sit for about 5 minutes and look at my Garmin Connect on iphone and latest trip is not there. I go ahead and power off the Edge 1040. Later on in the day I look at Garmin Connect and the latest ride is not there. Next, I power on the Edge 1040 and after a couple of minutes the ride earlier in the day uploads to Garmin Connect. This seems very odd to me. It should upload when ride is saved. Any ideas or is this a bug that has been around for a while. Looking for ideas that might solve issue if there is a solution.

• Open Garmin Connect on the Iphone, and see if the 1040 is connected before you press save, maybee they lost contact ...

• I have checked to make sure they were connected. The 5-minute wait prior to powering off is to make sure that the connection stays linked. Never have the phone and 1040 lost connection. 

• So, I have pinpointed this problem down to the Garmin Connect app on my iPhone. I verified the app was connected to device when I saved my route. I did let my phone and 1040 sit side by side for about 10 minutes and then did a resync. That did not show that the latest ride was updated to Garmin Connect. So I went ahead and powered down the 1040 and left the Garmin Connect app run. Still after a half hour, no update of todays ride. So I next logged off the Garmin Connect and about a ahlf hour later I logged back in. Guess what, my ride was there.

• Same Problem here since last update.

I turn off GC on iPhone, turn off the head unit, get a coffee, turn everything on again and voilà.

Good old days when there was less Firmware/Software updates and you could buy a finished Product. Nowadays everything is a work in progress product but price wise: Premium. 

Next software update they will fix it only to break something else that is working.

• I like the 1040 so far, but it's got lots of little bugs. The one where you turn it off and hangs for example. Told by test support it was fixed in latest firmware. NOT, still happens but not every other time like I experienced before. I retired from machine design and process development, and this would not be acceptable. The arena I was last involved with would not accept this in any way. It bothers me that I paid a whole lot of money for a device that Komoot app on an iPhone works just as well but with no bugs. I bought this device so when I hit the trails in a few weeks I have better mapping than just running phone or my handheld Garmin gps and I can store iPhone safely away for emergency use. Still nice unit, buts needs some work on firmware.

• >...when I hit the trails in a few weeks I have better mapping...

You should consider a Topo 24k if you're going offroad. I have the US West 24k, and it has way more detail than the stock issue maps.

• rmsmith1126,

I do have the west 24k maps I load on my old gpsmap60csx. I have the dvd version. Hopefully there is a easy way to load the maps onto the 1040. So far, I have not found away. Have seen some post online, but no answer on how to load from older dvd. If anybody has a way to do this, let me know.