This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

17.26: release by release it gets worse and worse

I updated my 1040solar to the 17.26 firmware then I deleted and reinstalled the maps to get the new ClimbPro features.
I went out for a free ride (no course loaded and ClimbPro OFF), after a while the moving icon of my position on the screen frozen (close to the church in attached screenshot) and I was not more able to get it working. The map little rotate left/right during the ride but still hanging. The zoom +/- was still working.
I did more than 4km with the frozen screen than at 2000mt I stopped because of snow on the path. So I tried to get the map working going into the profile and System and activating/deactivating various options related to the map and navigation, with no result. At the end I turned back and few hundreds meters later the map started to work again!
During this ride I never got popup and sounds about the jumps as usually happens riding a course, so I don't know if it is normal.
Since the begin of release 14.xx, the routing reliability of 1040 riding a course looked really bad (especially compared to my previous edge 830): as soon as you leave the course like for a wrong turn, things go bad: the map hang or disappears or is like a little portion is cashed and you see it till the border (then you have to wait till it reload). If you use Re-route, you must stop or the device hang (even if you are just back on the correct path due to a wrong turn you immediately realized).

More than this, still in this release there is the monster PAUSE ICON/greyed screen that complicates things as you have to fight to let it disappear, let the home screen icon/greyed screen disappears and then quickly check the map before it re-appears!
This is so frustrating.

Pictures: started to hang at 1896mt till 2001mt (4km); examples of map problems following an off-course.
I started to use GARMIN devices since the GPS V but what is going on with this 1040 is really sad!