This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Routing NOT Working Anymore

Hello

Until yesterday routing used to work as it is supposed to do it.

Today, for some unknow reason (I did not change anything) it is NOT working anymore.

Before, when I told my device to navigate to a location, it calculated the route, drew the route on the map and started to gave me Turn by Turn directions. On the Map page, the title of it told me the location where I was riding. The Next Waypoint was updated every time I passed one, so the info for it.

If I did not follow the directions given, it recalculated the route from my current location and repeated the described process.

Now, it calculates the route when told to navigate to a location, draws the route on the map, starts the Turn by Turn directions with the upcoming waypoint, so far good but that is about it.

The title on the Map page never changes as I move on (Initial street name for ever)

If I don't follow the calculated route, it never recalculates a new one and the original route it drew stays on the map, never getting a new one.

I tried, just is case, different satellites configuration (GPS, Balanced, Best Accuracy) but it was the same in all (plus my position location on the Map is not an issue which shows accurately, neither my speed that is calculated from the satellites signal).

The Next Waypoint info is never updated when I pass it,

and Turn by Turn directions are not given at all,

so the info related to it (Distance to Next, Remaining Climbing, etc).

I also verified the Routing setups:

Course Recalculation is Prompt with Auto-Reroute and,

Route Recalculation is on Automatic,

settings which seem to be correct.

Any ideas to solve the Navigation issue will be greatly appreciated, I am currently riding in an area that I am not too familiar with and I need to solve this ASAP.

Am I missing another setup that could have been changed by mistake ?

Thank you !

Notes:

a) My Device is 1040 Non-Solar, firmware 15.24

b) I think that the battery is being drained faster that usual. I charged my deice yesterday and today after a 2h ride it was 60%. Could it be related ?

EDIT: Without doing anything it is working correctly again. It is a fact that the 1040 is an extremely unstable device (so many non identified bugs).