This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map/Navigation screen viewing

Is there a way to add chevrons on the route or event to change the display a little I have moved from wahoo and have trouble reading the navigation screen I literally bought this for the map/navigation and better power and currently struggling with the map. I have poor vision in the left eye to to retina detachment and looking for all the help I can get before I need to back to wahoo with my tail between my legs lol.

Thanks

• All 1040 & x30 Garmin devices already have the chevron decorations on the followed route, do you mean you want more of them? For me they are not useful and just add to the clutter detracting from a simple route line, if a control was introduced to increase / decrease their frequency as some users find them useful I would be happy to disable them completely,

(PS for the screenshots below I have customised the 1040 MapTheme to change the colors of the route line & location cursor and also hide some map elements like Forests, Parks etc all to increase the visibility of the route line without additional clutter. In the absence of adding more chevrons you might find this approach helpful? My eyesight too is not the best)

• I have just had a look at the customisation options to will have a play and see if I can improve the viewing as I love the battery power for multi day. Thanks

•  From Rouge.

"I have customised the 1040 MapTheme to change the colors of the route line & location cursor and also hide some map elements like Forests, Parks etc all to increase the visibility of the route line without additional clutter"

How did you do it?
    EDGE 1040 has 3 options, Classic, High Contrast, Mountain Biking.
    I chose Mountain Biking.