This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add waypoint when ride with Edge 1040

Hi,

Yesterday in middle MTB route with a friend, I have the 1040 solar and my friend the Edge 1030 Plus, we riding in dirty road without map and we view a nice detour, but was getting later and it was raining on us, in this moment we stop riding and we want to add waypoint, but we navigate in our Garmin's Edge but we dont find any menu place for add a simply waypoint, for later, in our house and with Garmin Connect or with Google Maps research this detour.

It's strange for me that no have option to add a simply waypoint in middle route, I have for hiking a Gpsmap 66i and its very easy add a way point.

Any solutions? very thanks in advance,

• It is very easy to save location which you click on the map map. Garmin uses the name location for waypoint. May be confusing for someone used to waypoint.

• very thank's, this is the way, I searched "waypoint" name, when the correct in Edge series I see that is "location". (I'm come from Gpsmap series world)

In 1040 Solar mark location is little hidden, when you are in Navigation, you need leave to the major screen, push in "Navigation" and in this screen push the three dots in upper right corner and, yes here you can "mark location".

In the map screen when navigates I dont find the "location mark", but very thanks you showed me the way,

best regards,

• When you navigate, just click the "hand" icon, move the map where you want to save location, click on it and pin icon appears. Click on the pin description above and then click on the dots in upper right corner and here you are.

• very thanks vmojzisek you show me the way again, and now its very easy and quick, have a nice day.