This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1040 APAC still not version 14.20

I've been waiting, and pretty much syncing everyday waiting for this firmware to show up, since I'd want the Tempe and Training Status 2.0 support, as well as the better sensor connection features (always seems to drop out the cadence/speed sensors).

Can we please have this on our side of the world? There's already 100% rollout on the other version.

• Another beta 14.50 has already been released 6 days ago. Poor us APAC users will never see the light.

• Fenix/Epix APAC got updates, why does it take so long for Edge 1040 updates to go downstream?

• My guess is that the software/OS are totally different. Think macOS and DOS (sorry, maybe Windows NT).

Just think about it. A device that's lacking of global language support nowadays? If you're a Japanese who live in the US and then purchase a 1040 just to go back to Japan to enjoy the summer vacation... viola! You can't see Japanese characters on the map!

China is another story. Any GPS device registered to sale in China has to get the GPS coor. shifted. But what else???

Anyway, the OS of the Edge is just too old. Yes, small and efficient, but... let's just hope Garmin can fix what they can.

p.s. I hope I'm not going to be banned by saying bad things about Garmin.

• Hey guys, im in APAC and mine received 14.20 and also 14.50 via bt connection, however took a while so I cancelled and connected via usb-c to the computer and updated via garmin express. Worked like charm, and no issues afaik.

hope this helps.

A

• just to clarify, when you say "in APAC" do you mean your device is APAC model ?  Cause the difference is the device , not where you are at. 

• Correct - the device is APAC model.

• Just tried via Garmin Express. no update. 

• Nope, not yet, no 14.x update on my APAC unit. Why do our APAC units have such a unclear timeline of software release? Would the admin pin another post to state clearly the APAC software release info?

• Nope, not yet, no 14.x update on my APAC unit. Why do our APAC units have such a unclear timeline of software release? Would the admin pin another post to state clearly the APAC software release info?

• Same here. APAC 1040 solar and I'm still on 12.15! It's an incredible frustrating situation and I would not have bought an APAC model if I knew that this would be the case