This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1040 solar: bugs + ideas

Hello!
I used the 830 model for a long time and bought the 1040 solar (14.20) because of the big screen, big battery and great features. But it turned out that in some moments the new device loses to the old one... A few points below.

Ideas:
1. Add screen 9-b (as "7-b" + 2 cells)

2. In paired cells of the screen, make the font sizes the same. Right now text with temperature is larger than text with distance looks very untidy.

3. Setting the font size for the entire device (except for special screens (eg map)). Now the font is huge and takes up extra space, there could be more information on the screen.
4. Detailed setting of sound signals. I don't want to hear the sound of losing GPS satellites and starting/stopping a ride, but would like to be notified of turns on the route.
5. Add a "stop navigation" button when building a route to the start of a course. Using the button in the drop-down menu is inconvenient.
6. Add the ability to reset the information about the turn on the route (the screen with parameters is turned on, not the map), this cannot be done when the screen is locked!
7. Add (can be disabled in the settings) screen lock/unlock by double/triple tap.

Errors:
8. After the end of the movement along the course (40 km, loaded from gpx), the beginning of the traveled path on the map began to shift along the track. I traveled 100 km, and the blue route line on the map was 2 times shorter, and started from the middle of the ride.

9. Reset the device when using third-party maps for navigation (OpenTopoMap for example).
10. The device does not charge with fast charging adapters. It turns on when connected to old a 5V charger, but turns off from inactivity before it has time to charge. You can only charge from the computer when the device does not turn off from inactivity.