This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remembering last state UT800 and Varia

Upgraded from Edge 830 to 1040 Solar, latest 14.20 Update 

On the 830 when I formed a light network with UT800 and Varia radar the unit "remembered" the last light state, I use daylight flash up front and flashing on the back

I set this same state on the 1040 by clicking the physical buttons and after a few seconds it switches the lights off.
I can override the lights in the drop down widget (set to flash on both) and that works, but the state is not remembered. I have to override every time

The 830 just formed the light network between sessions and they started flashing, no override needed. Fire and Forget

A small thing but rather annoying, plus I do not trust it so I am constantly putting my hand in front of the light to check it is still working whilst riding 

Any ideas on a work around ? 

Thanks!

• Was your 830 on/connected when you originally setup the light network on the 1040?

I find things get a little confused when the lights are connected to more than one head unit, behaviour similar to you describe (setting reverts after a few seconds).

While I use them interchangeable with two units, things generally work fine so long as only one is powered on at a time.