This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1040: Slow boot up time

After the latest update, waking up my 1040 takes up to 4 minutes.

• i cleared the contents of GARMIN \ ACTIVITIES
  • I cleared the contens of GAMRIN \ COURSES
  • I had no files in GARMIN \ NEWFILES

What can i do to get to proper booting times again?

• In the root of my 1040 theres the folder GARMIN and an autorun.inf...Does that file needs to be there? This is what it contains:

[autorun]
    shellexecute=connect.garmin.com/.../upload
    icon=Garmin\Garmintriangletm.icon
    action=Upload to Garmin Connect
    label=Garmin Edge 1040
  • Inside of the GARMIN folder, there are many, many files called GMAPXXXXX.IMG, which all have sizes of 1-4GB. I never checked before having these booting issues if these files have always been there...it doesn't seem right to me, cause they aren't placed in any subfolder. Can anyone of you check, if these files are in there when booting up works fine?
  • I have the same problem.  I clocked it today and it took 5 minutes and 55 seconds for my Edge 1040 Solar to come up.  And similar to the others, this started happening after a software update some weeks back.  The device is running 14.50 now.  Let’s hope they get a fix out soon.  Pretty embarrassing for a flagship device.

• I have the same problem.  I clocked it today and it took 5 minutes and 55 seconds for my Edge 1040 Solar to come up.  And similar to the others, this started happening after a software update some weeks back.  The device is running 14.50 now.  Let’s hope they get a fix out soon.  Pretty embarrassing for a flagship device.

• My 1040 non solar takes roughly 13 seconds from button press to ready using fw 14.50. Currently only have the dem and Western Europe maps installed. Hadn’t noticed that any of the recent updates changed the boot time and those GMAPXXXXX files are updated separately to the OS. 

• Thank you all for your participation in this thread. If you continue to see this issue on version 15.23, please send me a direct message referencing this post.

• Thx, i thought boot times and "reaction times" improved already with 15.2x. With 15.23 boot time is like 10-15 seconds.

• The SW update came out pretty quickly after my earlier complaints, and that resolved the problem with the boot time.  The device has worked beautifully ever since.  Thank you!