This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Comment peut désactiver Virtual Partner sur le Edge 1040 ?

Virtual Partner se déclenche automatiquement et m'indique un chemin différent (parfois erroné) du parcours VTT que j'ai choisi. J'ai appelé GARMIN Assistance, ils m'ont dit qu'il y avait une possibilité de désactivation et m'ont demandé de renvoyer l'appareil, ce que j'ai fait.

Je viens de recevoir un nouvel appareil (au passage j'au "perdu" les cartes TopoFance V6 Pro que j'avais acheté) et je ne trouve toujours pas le paramétrage. Je finis par me demander si ce paramétrage existe vraiment ?

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi GARMIN s'obstine à imposer le démarrage systématique de Virtual Partner sur le 1040 alors qu'il était paramétrable sur des versions précédentes.

C'est très pénible pour une pratique VTT il est difficile de voir le tracé du parcours car le tracé de Virtual Partner est mieux mis en valeur (chevrons et trait plus épais) ce qui ne correspond pas du tout à une attente VTT.

• Pardon my lack of French language, one year of high school French more than 55 years ago is not enough but I might pick up more as I hope (closer to a fantasy than a dream) of doing the Paris-Brest-Paris next year.

Google tells me that you have an issue with the Virtual Partner but I don't think the VP has anything to do with it. If your problem is that the 1040 is generating a route that is different to your intended (and loaded MTB route) then the solution is to disable the "Turn Guidance" . It is slightly different to previous devices, you will find the option like previously in Navigation>Courses but rather than there being options in a "Course Options" like previously you will find these accessed via the 3 vertical dots in the top right of the Course List. The first option is "Turn Guidance", disable this like you might have previously.

One further problem was that the disable switch did in fact not work until version 14.20, the setting was ignored and you always got Turn Guidance but this is now fixed.

Sorry if I have not understood your problem. Good riding, maybe I will see you on the road to/from Brest in 11 months time.

• Thank's for your answer, but what i want is to disable Virtual Partner, is it possible with edge 1040 ?

• disable Virtual Partner, is it possible with edge 1040 ?

No, nor has it been possible on any of the 5 Garmin Edge devices  I have owned in the last 12 years

• can you explain me how to realize a screenshot withe the 1040 ?

• https://support.garmin.com/en-AU/?faq=E8qBzyZncM7lQ5HOwt4Vq7

The screenshots are placed in the 1040 Garmin/Screenshot directory