This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SCOSCHE Rhythm 24 Dropouts with 1040 and 1030+

Anyone else using SCOSCHE Rhythm 24 HR armband sensor with an Edge 1030+ or 1040? It worked like a champ until a Garmin firmware update around maybe 6-8 months ago, and then suddenly HR data dropouts started occurring - first on my 1030+ and now on both of the two 1040 Solar units I’ve had. I really dislike chest straps plus was using the scosche sensor for dual-band recording, sending data to both Zwift and my Edge unit with great success for a couple of years until suddenly these dropouts started. SCOSCHE customer service confirmed that a Garmin firmware charge caused this as they started receiving a large number of calls about the same issue. Garmin please help!

• I own both and it affects both, although it seems to interfere with the Rhythm+ 2.0 to a lesser degree (not as frequently during the course of a 30+ mile ride).  Only the Rhythm+ 1.0 remains unaffected (my wife uses one).

• I provided tons of information and Garmin hasn't seemed to do anything with it.   I switched to a Polar Verity Sense last November and it has worked great.  No dropouts and good battery life.  If you're going to buy a new optical HRM, I'd definitely consider it.

• After exchanging logs with Garmin, they said that it is not dropping the signal from the Rhythm 2.0, the HR monitor just reports zero during those times. This did not make any sense to me since it was not happening with my Edge 520+, it only started after I updated to the Edge 1040. But that was their response.

• Garmin said the same to me - this was obviously not true since a) it broke when they upgraded their software and b) I checked by pairing it to a phone and it does not happen in that case.

• Agree, it’s Garmin. I also have a Niner gravel ebike with a Bosch drive train and their Nyon bike computer and control unit. My Rhythm 24 connects with it without drops.

• Could you also help on this issue?

• After investigating these reports, we were able to determine that the dropouts present from Scosche HRM sensors are due to this particular HRM's method of handling false or missing data which is resulting in gaps in the activity when recorded on an Edge device. 

Trying to wear the HRM in a slightly altered position or more tightly (if comfortable) would be some troubleshooting that may prove useful. For any users that continue to see this behavior, we would recommend contacting Scosche directly to see what additional information or options they may be able to offer. 

We appreciate everyone's patience while this was being looked into.