This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fitness Age and resting heartrate - calculation is wrong

I've got the problem, that the garmin calculates my fitness age five years too high, because my "resting HR" is always the average heartrate of my last ride! I added the resting HR manually in Garmin Connect (and it was transferred to the 1040) but after my ride today, it still said: "your resting heartrate is 132".

Second problem - in the app I set my "weekly intensity goal" to 350 - but the garmin still says "your goal is 150"! How can I change it?

Thank you.

Stefan

• I saw the same thing.  It says my resting heart rate is 133 but I use a fitbit and that data does not sync over to Garmin so I'm not sure why it thinks that 133 is my resting heart rate.  It only has access to ride data from an Edge 1040 - I don't wear an HR belt and record my down time or sleep time with my edge 1040.

• My Garmin with 14.14 beta is just saying that fitness age cannot be calculate because: vo2max, resting heart rate, body fat or bmi is needed before calculation can be done. Setup there metrics in Garmin connect app to get your fitness age.. However the device already knows these parameters, it shows my vo2max, resting heart rate is entered in heart rate zones and weight and height is there under user profile. 

• Same as you and all the replies

• Hi.
    Since I do not have any Garmin watch or band, the GC calculates my resting heart rate from ... outdoor activities, so it is the average heart rate during the same intensity of exercise. Some strange thing.

You wrote that you manually enter your resting heart rate in GC.
    I am looking in the "Health statistics / Heart rate" section, but I can't enter anything there :(
    Where exactly is where you enter your resting heart rate?

I have a Polar H10 and from the right side I perform morning HRV measurements using Marco Altini's "HRV4Training" platform. Unfortunately, there is no connection to the GC.

regards

• I have not found resting heart rate in GC but in the 1040 it self. Under My Stats->Training Zones->Heart Rate Zones

• Well, in GC I can't find it. In the E1040 itself there is also no, although there is a field "Menu / My statistics / Training zones / heart rate zones" called "Rest" but it has some irrational range of entering values in the range from 30 to 39!

Colleague @Stefan_O (author of the thread "wrote that he manually enters the value of the resting heart rate.

What's more interesting, I am not able to change heart rate zones from the level of the browser and the "Connect" application under Android. Only in the E1040 device (where I described above).

• On my Garmin 1040 under Training zones / heart rate zones the field called Resting is a fixed number, not a range.. Perhaps this can differ depending on the selection of Based on. I have % max selected for Based on 

• You're right, you can enter a value there, but it must be between 30 and 39.
    My resting heart rate is 48bpm. So I can't bring him in.

• I have no such range restrictions