This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Petition: Sensors battery status

It would be interesting to add the battery status of the sensors on the sensor list page, so at a glance you can see how they all are without having to navigate inside each sensor to find out the level (which is also quite hidden). Something like this.

• At the end of training it gives a state of sensors. If they have it almost done. Let this indicate similar when opening the sensors...

• nice, but i would like to check before ui start, night before even.  and a percentage is far more useful the a tick what ever that means.  Does a tick mean its good for a double century or a trip to the shop ?  i have had the real experience of my rally pedals saying ok and then dying after 70 k with out warning

• The Edge can only show what the sensors report.  Most simply report the battery as being OK or low, not the percentage.   Checking prior to a ride requires waking all the sensors and waiting for them to report their battery status to the Edge. That's less than ideal but better than having a sensor die mid ride, and it's basically what I do now, though for my power meters and HRM, I use their individual phone apps which do read battery percentages.

• I don't understand why Garmin doesn't work with manufacturers for better integration. Then you can see data in "about" such as firmware version, manufacturer name, model number, serial number.... a lot of irrelevant information on a day-to-day basis. And not the actual battery percentage.