This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vector 3 pedal data lag (20sec+) on 1040

Vector 3 data has a massive lag before displaying on screen. At least 20 secs to show increasing power / cadence and nearer 30 secs going down. Anyone else with this issue?

• Check that the screen is not showing 30 second average power 

• Good shout, and I checked - but no its set on 3s av. On cadence for example, it litterally reads zero for the fist 2o secs before you start moving. 

• Very strange. I cannot think of any reason why a delay would be being introduced unless the power meter was asleep and it needed to wake up.

• Does the delay only appears with the 1040? Or whatever the computer is. Maybe it’s not the computer’s problem but the power meter itself. You can try to clean all the battery contact points using alcohol. 2 sliver pins and 1 base plate on the battery door, and 3 bronze area in the body.

• interesting.  I just was talking about the lag mine has reporting my HR value.  You have  lag with power....  I wonder is this a ant+ bluetooth thing?  I have to check later and make sure everything is connecting ant+ first.  I know my Wahoo laggy as f___ when using bluetooth, I wonder if garmin has the same issues.  

• I would examine the fit file and see what the data looks like second by second. Do a ride where you stop for 30 seconds, set a lap marker so it is easy to find, and then ride a few minutes, then set a lap again and immediately stop pedaling. See what the second by second data is inside the actual fit file. If you don't have software for this, I'm sure golden cheetah will display it. If not, you can DM me and send a file over and I will take a look for you.

• I would also be interested in seeing any file where we know power/cadence is being generated and not reported.

• Same problem here, with the last firmware installed on both units (Edge and V3). ~22s lag, with 3s average power displayed. The .fit file is in line with what was displayed, not what was happening. It became obvious when I stopped pedalling through intersections, for example. Quite annoying.

• What language is the UI set to to?

• French.

Also : cadence is lagging behind too, but not as much, maybe a mere 20s here (the discrepancy may have to do with the 3s average display, though I thought 3s was only for display, not the actual measurement recorded in the file).