This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Smart trainer (Kicker V4) not reacting to edge 1040 when setting target power (ERG Mode)

Tryd to workout indoor with edge 1040 and Kickr V4.

Trainer is connected as sensor (power and smart trainer), but when I set a target power it is not changing the resistance on the trainer. I expect the erg mode to kick in so I don’t have to think about keeping the power constant (like I did years with my 1030).

Also the way ‘set grade’ or ‘set resistance’ does not change anything on the trainer while peddling.

please help or fix - thanks

• You will need to pair to your Kickr as a Smart Trainer rather than as a Power Meter. When in the Sensors menu, you will see an option to search for Smart Trainer at the bottom of the list of available sensors. 

• As I mentioned - the kickr is connected as a smart trainer and power meter under sensors. I removed the power meter sensor, but even now it is behaving the described way. I deleted the kickr completely from sensors and connected freshly (as smart trainer only), still no success. 

Any more tips/ideas? Thanks I’m advance

• I just tried using the 1040 to control my Kickr Bike. I connected as both a smart trainer and power meter on Ant+.  Used my indoor profile and started a ride.  Usually I use TrainerRoad to control the trainer.  However, this time I only used the 1040.  The trainer control page appeared automatically.  Erg mode worked fine as I changed the target power on the trainer screen.  The only thing I had to remember was to enable the Kickr Bike in the sensors menu.  I was already connected earlier but I turn it off in sensors when I'm not using it because otherwise my bike connects to it what I go for a ride outside.  So, at least for me, this seems to work.

• I booted up my old edge 1030 and it worked just fine, therefore the issue seems to be with the edge 1040 unit/software.

i m running version 12.11

• Update: error persists with update 12.15 - any other insights or ideas?  

• Hi,

I assume you migrated your 1030 to the 1040 on 1st startup. I recommend you perform a complete reset and manually connect t all your sensors, this worked for me