This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What about Gradient Lag?

Can anyone report if Garmin have fixed the issue that the 1030+ has with ridiculously long responses to changes in gradient?

• I have bought Bolt V2, weather was not good , did small test yesterday with one small local climb (like 40 sec climb)

Vs 530 

Well, did not imagine that gradient is almost spot on on Bolt , even with -% gradient 

With 530 climb was almost finished and then it started to react, climb was finished and Bolt was displayed 0 then 530 was displaying positive gradient another 20-30 meters, funny that my friend was not aware about this “problem” 

I will try to record 1040 vs Bolt v2 also 

• My feeling is that they have create the code when they release 830 /530 and never review it as they have other priories

Displaying instant gradient does not sell devices 

• Hope that this will adress soon
  • @gigas10 - no one over here knows the definite answer.

However, since Garmin officially has stated that a 10-15 second delay for gradient display is considered officially normal, I would not hold my breath, while waiting/hoping naively that they could ever fix this issue.

• Wahoo Elemtn Roam V2 was released today and it looks like it has instant Grade readings. Might have to switch back to the Roam.

• Do it! 100%!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Wahoo’s a decent unit, with fast gradient change displays, despite DC Rainmaker insisting to the contrary.

Plus I don’t need all the fancy bells n whistles on a 1040.

• bolt v2 is perfect for gradient , I have both units , not try both in the same time, V2 and 1040

but I know who has right or not, I do prefer V2 on climbs 

• Dcrainmaker did one test with one small climb, its not exacly relevant, not at all

on some small hills , 2-3% for few meters , yes V2 it catching gradient after a while, same as 1040 , as dc rainmaker video, but if you ride for example on a route with larger climbs and downhills , then V2 is 95 % better than 1040 

• The grade delay issue started with the introduction of the 53/830/1030+. It continues with the 1040. More than two years. Garmin is not going to fix it. They have publicly stated that it is working as designed. 

• Sure :)). Designed by someone who never biked on his whole life 

• if only we had that foresight...