This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 navigation with Strava live segments doesn't work

Hello everyone,

I use strava live segments and they are not displayed when navigating. If I drive without navigation it works.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

(Edge 1030 Firmware 11.10)

• I'm pretty sure that's the way it works UNLESS you design your route on Strava itself and download it to your Garmin. Very frustrating!

• For segments to work while following a course the course needs to be built in Strava so that they embedded the segment information into the course file. That file then needs to be synced with Garmin Connected and loaded on the Edge. 

• I always create my route with Strava and then mark it with the star. With the next synchronization it will be copied to the Edge, where I then start it and then the live segments have not worked for some time. The error only occurs since firmware 11.00 or 11.10.

• I have the same issue as village1111. I create my route in the same way. The issue occeurs since firmware 11.10.

• Thanks for the information. I will check my unit.

• Could you post one of the course FIT files from your unit that went through the process?

• It is working OK for me.

If you view the course in Garmin Connect do you see the start and end flags for the segments

• Issue still occurs.

Created Route with Strava Routes and synchronized with Star to Garmin Connect. In Garmin connect segments are shown. With synchronization it is copied to my Edge 1030. Riding the course, with live segments the start of the live segment is recognized. 

In a few seconds the notification occurs: "Segment lost". After that the course is also lost!

The error occurs since firmware 11.10.

• I experienced exactly the same (same 1030, same 11.10 f/w) - navigated a course including a key segment, just before getting to the segment start it popped up correctly but then something went wrong almost immediately and I was no longer navigating the course.

Not used segments for a while so no idea when this broke. Though on a separate ride the other week I did manually start/ride a segment already saved on the device (ie. not part of a course or anything, just a segment that I've had starred for ages) and that worked fine (think I was on f/w 11.10 then too).

• Would you mind posting the activity file for the ride. That would help me see why the segment might have failed.