This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Public Beta 9.44 Now Available

A new Beta software (9.44) for the Edge 1030 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found Here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

(Note: Please include a copy of your debugging folder in your response email if you experience any issues)

Change History

Changes made from version 9.34 to 9.44:

• Added diagnostics to help track down an issue where the device can lock up.

Changes made from version 9.31 to 9.34:

• Fixed a crash on the keyboard page.
  • Fixed an issue that caused bike radar disconnections.

Changes made from version 9.28 to 9.31:

• Fixed an issue with sensors dropping out.
  • Fixed an issue where the device could become unresponsive.
  • Fixed an issue where ascent remaining was not properly calculated for segments embedded in a course.
  • Allow the elevation profile setting on the map to be maintained through future software updates.

Changes made from version 9.26 to 9.28:

• Made stability improvements including a fix for a potential device freeze.
  • I followed the install instructions, but after disconnecting USB the 1030 is not detecting the new update folder. Stuck on 9.34.

File in Garmin folder on 1030 says 04/25/20, so I know it transferred.

• I think I answered by own question. This isn't the Bontrager FW version. Annoying that the Bontrager FW versions are delayed.

• I am using 9.34 and I still get radar disconnections, although the release notes say it was fixed from 9.31 to 9.34. The disconnect is very short and the radar reconnects itslf in a matter of a few seconds. So it is more annoying than a safety issue. Nevertheless just want to point out it is not fixed. I also want to point out that sometimes, but not always, I get the Di2 disconnect at the same time.

• Hi guys, I have been seeing a problem with turning the device on with the latest beta versions.

Sometimes, 1 out of 10 or so, the device won't turn on when pressing the power button. In those cases I have to press the power button for more than 15 seconds to get the device on again. When booting the device like that it takes much longer (30-60 seconds) to go through the startup screens, compared as it would normally do.

I had this issue with beta version 9.31 and this morning I had it too with beta version 9.34.

Is anyone having the same experience of not powering on when pressing the power button normally?

Or is this a hardware failure and needs my device to be replaced/repaired?

• I would not recommend to install the 9.44.
    It is very slowly and i have many freezes.

• The proper FW releases are not. Beta is. I don't think Garmin want to give much Beta to a device that has a different Brand on it. 

• Long-press of the power button force a device reset which take longer then to reboot. That part is normal. That you have to do it is less normal. A reset is needed if the device is crashed. So despite you think it is shutdown it is not. It either crashed during shutdown and did't complete it (which I have seen many times) or rights at startup, which is I think less likely since after reset it does boot. When I had a crash during shutdown I would know because typically the battery would drain, so after reset I would find a device with battery much lower than 100%. That would be a clue. So anyhow the point is that your device have crashed that is why you need to reset. It produces an error log. Follow the instructions in the Beta installation folder and email the crash/error  log to Garmin beta if you want to report it. That's what needs to be done.

• Ok. It has an additional brand "Bontrager" as well as Garmin. So it is additive not a replacement. Not sure that explains it.

• confirmed this installed well and no issues during 10mi ride.  also corrected the missing SRAM big ring data missing from 9.10.  great news!

• Having same issue as JackF.  Infrequently, but is happening