This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What to? or What to? combine Edge 1030 logs with Vivoactive 3

I was riding with VA3 for some two years, the graphs were not perfect in GC but for what I need (60 yo overall fitness) it was OK. I tried two Data Fields, the default cycling app and the JMG-DTF cycling app. Garmin speed/cadence sensors each set on two wheelsets (gravel and road).

Got recently the EDGE 1030 second hand from classifieds, I will be setting it up for riding in my basement for now, winter is knocking at my door any moment.

How can I combine the graphs or better which one to use in GC?

• I wear a VA4 all the time and use a 1030 when I ride.  I use the information that the 1030 collects exclusively for my riding.  HOWEVER, I usually start an cardio activity on the VA4 to count activity minutes (which the 1030 doesn't do). When my ride is over, I discard the activity on the VA4. The activity minutes are retained.

The battery life on the 1030 is far better than the VA4 when tracking an activity.

• Just got back from EU vacation, the VA3 had a full GPS looging every day for 7.8-8 hrs browsing city's -  before the screen shot down still about 2-3% battery remaining and that was enough to get home to a charger.

I need to test out your way of doing it, I would really like to keep my activity minutes for ...fun of it at least Slight smile

How to discard the VA3 data?

• How to discard the VA3 data?

End the cardio workout and there should be an option to save or discard the workout. 

• Thanks, I forgot for that one, because I always saved before :)

• For days I am trying to accommodate my bike-speed/cadence sensors-non smart trainer (for now I just cannot justify a $1000 for a road feel) -to work with any of my tablets, I would like to fitness-ride in my basement through Canadian winter with Zwift (GPS OFF).

Turns out the ANT+ is way over sophisticated for all my tablets, so I ordered a new set of garmin ver.2 bluetooth speed/cadence sensors.

Finally, my son's tab pro (powerful enough to run Zwift) can pickup the new BLE sensors at least, and the graphics is not bad at all.

I did my firs ride today, 37 Km, to finish the very first 25 Km Zwift ride (non smart trainer...cheats me with cadence on uphill big time ;().

I got two logs in GC:

- from Edge I got the Speed + Cadence + Temp + Battery level (I must see what else I can extract from datafields);

- from VA3 I got the Speed + Cadence + HR + Temp + VO2 + Energy Expenditure + Time in HR zones;

Two entries, the IQ did not merge them. I can delete manually one entry that is less populated (Edge is most likely), I will play with during winter but once the outdoor season starts again I would like to have the Edge GPS logs.

How would you do that?