This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Let's hope this will wake Garmin up! Dc Rainmaker is on fire.

Dc Rainmaker made an article about the faulty software on the Garmin Edge Devices. 

If only Garmin could wake up an start working on all the numerous bugs in their edge software.

Read here: 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html

Parents
  • Interesting read. I like my Edge 1030 but it certainly has some annoying bugs like the ones mentioned by DC Rainmaker.
    The alternatives aren't much better I guess. The Karoo was announced as a Garmin Edge killer but didn't even have support for Strava segments the last time I looked.  Bryton, MIO look like budget stuff. The bezels of the Sigma Rox are bigger than the screen.
    A Wahoo ELEMNT doesn't have a touch screen and was monochrome until recently.

I'm a software developer myself and I know how hard it can be to debug software but some problems seem to return from time to time. That gives me the idea that tey are not in control of their software and/or don''t have a good  (automated) testset.

I hope that Garmin gets more competition and that they are forced to improve their products.

• Interesting read. I like my Edge 1030 but it certainly has some annoying bugs like the ones mentioned by DC Rainmaker.
    The alternatives aren't much better I guess. The Karoo was announced as a Garmin Edge killer but didn't even have support for Strava segments the last time I looked.  Bryton, MIO look like budget stuff. The bezels of the Sigma Rox are bigger than the screen.
    A Wahoo ELEMNT doesn't have a touch screen and was monochrome until recently.

I'm a software developer myself and I know how hard it can be to debug software but some problems seem to return from time to time. That gives me the idea that tey are not in control of their software and/or don''t have a good  (automated) testset.

I hope that Garmin gets more competition and that they are forced to improve their products.

Children
No Data