This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Let's hope this will wake Garmin up! Dc Rainmaker is on fire.

Dc Rainmaker made an article about the faulty software on the Garmin Edge Devices. 

If only Garmin could wake up an start working on all the numerous bugs in their edge software.

Read here: 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html

Parents
  • So very true but nothing will ever be done. We have been waiting a year for better software that solve the problems a top of the range cycling computer has but never got them all fixed. Basic functionality that should be working (livetrack for example) is still not working right and phone connectivity is absolutely shocking. 

I have various things that connect to my phone easily (watch, sonos, alexia etc) but I can have my phone and garmin sitting right next to each other and the garmin 1030 struggles to find it.

All these great features were what made me buy the unit and a year later still not working.  Surely that must be false advertising?

Last moan is they all of a sudden bring out a couple of lower models with more features and stuff than the 1030 has so we know where garmin are concentrating there efforts on and it is not the 1030 or all the bug's it has.

Money seems to be the main driver and not customer service or satisfaction. 

Well done dc rainmaker but got a feeling it will fall on deaf ears just like our 1030 forum with all the bugs etc.

Next computer for me will be a wahoo and dread to think how much the 1030 will be worth compared to the £500 I paid for it when it was just released.

Worst piece of tech I have ever owned and even my touring plus, 800, 500,520 have never been this bad.

A flagship model who are they kidding

• So very true but nothing will ever be done. We have been waiting a year for better software that solve the problems a top of the range cycling computer has but never got them all fixed. Basic functionality that should be working (livetrack for example) is still not working right and phone connectivity is absolutely shocking. 

I have various things that connect to my phone easily (watch, sonos, alexia etc) but I can have my phone and garmin sitting right next to each other and the garmin 1030 struggles to find it.

All these great features were what made me buy the unit and a year later still not working.  Surely that must be false advertising?

Last moan is they all of a sudden bring out a couple of lower models with more features and stuff than the 1030 has so we know where garmin are concentrating there efforts on and it is not the 1030 or all the bug's it has.

Money seems to be the main driver and not customer service or satisfaction. 

Well done dc rainmaker but got a feeling it will fall on deaf ears just like our 1030 forum with all the bugs etc.

Next computer for me will be a wahoo and dread to think how much the 1030 will be worth compared to the £500 I paid for it when it was just released.

Worst piece of tech I have ever owned and even my touring plus, 800, 500,520 have never been this bad.

A flagship model who are they kidding

Children