This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

screen with halo blue

Hello,
Above my Edge 1030, I have a halo blue on the edges of the screen.
I use my Edge without brightness.
Is this normal?
Thanks for answer.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/cycling/edge-1030-aa/1304483-edge-1030-halo
    This is a wide-spread issue that should be corrected. Garmin support will likely replace it with a reburbished device that has an updated screen.
  • Contact Garmin support via email. They exchanged mine (one month out of warranty) with a refurb unit that works well and looks like new. If you prefer not to be without a unit during the exchange, they will send you the refurbed unit, charge you for the cost of the unit then refund the cost once you return the faulty unit. I was happy with the whole process.
  • I do many kilometers because it is the 4th device I send. I will finish by opening a claim because they do not solve the problem and it is a recurring repair that does not solve the problem and is a device that is not free of defects
  • - Please reach out to Garmin Support to resolve this issue.

• Hello Matthew, 

I think I have similar issue, the blue edge around the screen on my edge 1030 purchased in 2018 January. 

See attached picture. (Dark area on left bottom starting under the Garmin sign would be my phone of course.) 

After checking photo of the device Hungarian Garmin reseller told that as my device is out of warranty they need to contact Garmin International whether I should pay about 200 EUR to get a new device or they replace it free of charge. 

I payed a lot for a premium device, I would expect premium service too from the all Garmins too.

Is there any way to instruct country Garmin distributors to deal with mass issues more carefully and handle customers as what they purchased, a premium customer? 

Many thanks for any idea that could help to bring the solution closer or even solve the problem without interruption in the summer cycling.

Thank you for the solutions in advance. 

• Hi cbpaddy,

Did you contact Garmin and did they help you?

I have the same blue Halo problem and Garmin UK support seem to be dragging their feet about replacing mine.  Just wondering what your experience was.

Thanks

Matt

• My almost 2 years old 1030 was replaced some weeks ago by Garmin-Austria:

-Monday: I asked for a RMA

-Tuesday noon I got the RMA-email

-same day afternoon I got the shipping details of the replacement-device which arrived some days later (before I was able to send back the blue-halo-device)

Good job, Garmin!

• Mcinner1: How do you ask an RMA? Did you send picture about the screen? 

• I asked for RMA by internet. See link (for Austria and Germany only...)

https://www.garmin.com/de-AT/rma

And - no - I did not send any pictures. (My Edge looked similar to yours!)

• Hello,
    Sorry the the answer delay. I see just your question today.
    Garmin changed my EDGE 1030 but today the fixation unit is broken (Quarter Turn Base Lips broke) See topic : forums.garmin.com/.../quarter-turn-base-lips-broke
    For me the root cause for fixation broken is the unit repair (a refurb unit) because it was not new.
    More, with the unit repair (refub unit), I have many bug software…..
    Now, I advise to keep his original unit because the problem of HALO does not change the correct operation. For me, a unit repair or refub is not reliable (for information, I am a manager of warranty at a car manufacturer and I know the problems of repair and other problems '' not trouble found ''.
    Bye