This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

screen with halo blue

Hello,
Above my Edge 1030, I have a halo blue on the edges of the screen.
I use my Edge without brightness.
Is this normal?
Thanks for answer.
  • My Garmin Edge 1030 had the blue halo issue. I returned it to Garmin Australia. They replaced it with a new unit despite the fact that it was out of warranty. Thanks Garmin Australia!

• At 27 Sep 2017 I bought my Edge 1030 at WayPoint in the Netherlands.. After 11 months I got the blue halo issue. My Egde 1030 was replaced by a new one! I am happy. But this second one is getting the same issue after 11 months! Now I am already waiting for for 5 weeks! They could not tell me if it is out of warranty! The second device is only 11 months, buy the first purchase was 27 Sep 2017! I had expected a beter service from  WayPoint in the Netherlands. Normally the service is okay by  WayPoint .

• Finly it has been replaced by a new one. This version also has a new type of display. The device was sent to the UK and that was why it took so much time. No fault for WayPoint!
  • Hello Matthew, I contacted Garmin in Czech Republic, where I bought my device. It has Blue Screen Halo, I sent them images of device, links to forum and mentioned, that my device is still in warranty. They rejected me, that I should contact directly seller, that, they will not do anything about it? Do I miss something, is it real? I own Garmin devices worth thousands - Dakota 20, Forerunner, Edge 520, 1030, Fenix, Pedals, Remote Control, Varia Radar and perhapas a few more things a this is reply I get? One thing that hold me to stick with Garmin was that only them support of Varia Radar, Its not anymore... What do you suggest?

• In the Netherlands and maybe also in the whole EU you have to deal with the reseller where you bought the Edge 1030 not with the manufacturer in case of problems. The reseller then has to deal with the manufacturer. I had already 2 Edge 1030 replaced in this manner within a week. This is also a warning to choose were to buy wisely.

• I have sent my Edge 1030 back to the reseller and they have arranged that I have received a new device. The first time it was only 1 week but the second time it took 6 weeks! The first time was 11 months, but the second was also 11 months old but 23 months after the purchase. The second time it was sent to the manufacturer.
  • The problem is in Hungary the reseller (actually whoever imports the product exclusively) was not even aware of the 2 years warranty of the Vector 3. They said that it is only 1 year in Hungary, however they should provide the same warranty like Garmin provide them.  

Also the "screen with halo blue" problem handled on different way within Europe. One country (like Austria) replace the product even after the warranty expired (after 1 year), another country had to be arranged via Garmin Europe to stop refusing something which is accepted in another country.

• I suggest you to contact Garmin Europe, also use the facebook chat to let them know. Last but not least at garmin.com they have a feedback page where you can leave them message if you see gap. However I'm not sure anyone read it. Next time probably I will offer them a beer or something to test. :D  But facebook message is read,  however response time is a bit long. I think there is a garmin facebook page for cyclists too.

• New type of display? How do you mean? Could you please take a picture about that? Mine is under replacement and I'd like to get a good product not a product with the same problem.

• Check your country's law. Because many times new product = new warranty period. If they only repair it by replacing part in that case the part will be under warranty only. But in case of  this computer they repair it by replacing them.