Power and Cadence Data drops from Shimano Power Crank

Just bought brand new Shimano power crank FC-R9200-P.  First day of use, it paired easily with my Garmin 1030.  After 3-1/2 hours Garmin was continuing to “record”, but it was frozen at 230w.  After doing a hard reset on the Shimano, I got it to work again, but it only lasted 10 minutes.  When it stopped recording after 10 minutes, nothing I did would get it start recording again until I ended my ride and started a new ride.  The next day (today), I was recording a race and it quit recording power and cadence after 15 minutes (it did record heart monitor data for the entire ride.

The power crank is transmitting the data, but the Garmin is glitching.  Garmin? Anyone? Help!!!!

• you bought the worst powermeter in 2024... btw, one of my friend has such a pmeter , originally came with a Canyon CFR, since 2-3weeks it is totally unusable, sometimes working for x minutes, sometimes not, like yours... (with 530). he is waiting for a new one in warranty...

• That exactly what I bought, but I even purchased 165mm version from Japan because I didn’t want the 170mm unit that came with the bike.

Any idea if it is software problem of the Shimano?

• i didnt talk with him about when was the latest fw upgrade for the Shimano (which probably ruined the connection) but in the past 1 year he had no issue with it, (and the 530 had no fw upgrade since many months for sure) he rides only in dry enviroment, no water, no rain, no dust or mud, so i think it is shimano-related issue. 

• E-tube app says the firmware is updated.  But for the first time, it said the left side connector may be disconnected.  I popped of the plastic cap off and pressed on the connector and it did click, so maybe it was not properly connected.  I will ride again on Tuesday and update this chat as to whether it works…

• his fw is latest also, but no success (i just wanted to ask from him when was the latest update for the Shimano and maybe after this latest one this error is exist.). okie, try it.

• GREAT NEWS!  Today’s ride was fine.  The Shimano Power Crank transmitted the power and cadence data flawlessly and the Garmin recorded it without any data drops!  It was only a chill 90 minute ride, however.  Tomorrow, I have a tougher 2-1/2 hour ride, including a 12-mile race, so there will be a lot more shifting and bike handling.  I will report back again, tomorrow.

Fingers crossed tone2