Edge 1030 Sensor Dropouts, possibly resolved with "new" beta firmware

I found (through Garmin phone support) that sensor dropouts were a frequent problem, and a week ago I was told to install some public beta software. I did so and did not see any benefit, UNTIL I also did a hard reset of my device. I did my first ride today since the reset, and NEITHER of the problematic Sensors (Garmin Varia rear-light radar nor Dura-Ace Di2 Sensors on my 2022 Specialized S-Works Roubaix) behaved a bit better, UNTIL after the hard reset, but today I took a "shakedown 17 mile ride and NEITHER disconnected. I'll do a long ride tomorrow to see if the improvement is reproducible, but it looks as though there may be some life left in this old 1030 (it does have the delimitation screen issue that produces vertical colored lines at both screen edges, but that's always been a cosmetic issue that hasn't otherwise affected the unit's performance.

One other issue for me is navigating the forums. I cannot find my previous posts!

• We can only hope, while I have surrendered to a 1040 I still have a perfectly good 530 in the drawer, your earlier 1030 posts might have migrated to the read-only "Archive" https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/sports-fitness/

Which beta did you try, x.79 was a beta from May 2023 till Aug 2023 and its sole focus was "A fix to address sensor dropout issues experienced by some customers", it had lots of testers but the general view was that it didn't make any difference, it was closed and never released to production.

Another beta (x.81) started April 2024 and is still running , the focus was a very helpful "Fixed several stability and functionality issues.", it is still running but not much interest . don't know if x.81 included whatever was in x.79 or was based on x.75 the last production (Mar 2023)

• Which beta did you try, x.79 was a beta from May 2023 till Aug 2023 and its sole focus was "A fix to address sensor dropout issues experienced by some customers", it had lots of testers but the general view was that it didn't make any difference, it was closed and never released to production.

That's what I installed. It didn't make any difference until AFTER I did a hard reset of the 1030, but once I did that, I had no dropouts whatsoever while riding an out-and-back course virtually identical to one where BOTH the Varia rear light/radar and my Di2 Sensors would both be dropped. The unit would always recover the Radar connection, but the Di2 sensors would need to be reconnected manually, only to drop again within a mile or two (and each time, along with the transient loss of th Radar. I'm now lusting after the 1050, but if the device reset really DID produce lasting benefits I can wait until it's generally available rather than just in the hands of some avid DC Rainmaker fans.

The x.79 firmware was suggested to me BY Garmin Tech Support just a week or so ago, and I was given a direct link to follow to obtain it. As far as I can tell, the x.75 is still the publicly available "release" version for the 1030.

Thanks so much for responding. I'll test again a bit later this morning after I run an errand or two.

• your earlier 1030 posts might have migrated to the read-only "Archive" https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/sports-fitness/

Actually, I don't know HOW to tell where my question ended up. I did realize today that I could find my previous posts by clicking on my user name, but it appears the forum software doesn't specify into what topic or group an individual post or post-reply gets deposited.