Recording same activity on Edge 1030 Plus and Forerunner 965

If I record the same activity on both devices, and synch to Garmin Connect, how are the calculations of the various training metrics affected?  Each device seems to have different metrics, and so does the Connect App.  What happens when an activity gets deleted in the Connect App?  Does it get deleted on the device?  

• Garmin advises against dual recording.

• i'm using 840 and 965 simultanously since a year, the 965 is the primary wearable and training device (HRM and Powermeter are paired to both, so they have the same datas), both uploaded to same GC account, i dont experience any issue (ofc the PhsyoTrue Up is enabled). From the unit you can delete the activities just manually, the GC cant delete it. or the unit delete it by itself, i dont know how much is the number , probably only the last 100pcs are stored and the olders are deleted automatically. but sometimes i delete the all from both, the calculations are not erased, those are coming from the GC database (so do not delete from the GC) or/and there are specific files on the units which stored these data but you dont delete them (only the FIT files in the Activities folder)