This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Switching from Strava live segments back to Garmin Segments

After failing to get Strava to fix the feature that allows starred segments to be included in created routes, I have decided to go back to using Garmin segments but have a couple of questions for any of you who use segments in created routes:

1. After switching back to Garmin Segments, my 1030 Plus still displays Strava live segments - anybody got any idea how to remove them and the Strava feature ?

2. After creating segments from an activity in Garmin Connect, how do I know  that they will be included when I ride a route I have created in Garmin Connect ? I see no purple flags that I used to see with Strava Segments when they worked 

3. Will the segments I have created in Garmin be activated when I ride routes I created before I made the segments ?

Any advice would reply be appreciated as I have done battle with Strava since Jan 23, only to be told that they have no timescale on when the feature will function correctly. Basically:

We do appreciate this feedback. Unfortunately, we are still working to resolve the bug where complete segment lists are not being generated for created routes. The segment list should include up to 50 popular segments but some segments are not being included in the list for some reason. We are still investigating what is causing the issue and how best to fix it.

All I wish to do is ride routes that I have created and race myself against segments I have chosen or created within those routes.

Cheers in advance 

Dave