This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 Plus version 6.75 continuous reboot when connected to iPhone

This just started recently - whenever my iPhone 15 pro is connected to the Garmin edge 1030 plus it will reboot continuously.  As it reboots, as soon as it shows that it connects to the phone, it reboots again.   I shut off bluetooth on the phone to keep the Edge running.  Garmin Connect on the phone is using the latest (4.76.1). IOS is latest at 17.3.1.  Garmin Connect does not need to be running on the phone for this to happen.

I've disconnected/reconnected, I've rebooted everything, factory reset on the Garmin Edge and gone through the setup process and as soon as the phone connects, it goes back into the reboot loop.  I just now live without any connected features on the Garmin Edge and it seems to work OK.

Has anyone see this issue?

• I chatted with Garmin support and got the issue resolved.  Neither of us understand the issue or resolution but here are the steps we took and it seemed to resolve the problem.  The Edge was working fine as long as I did not connect my phone to it.  As soon as I connected the phone, it would reboot and when it got to the point of reconnecting to the phone as part of the reboot process, it would reboot again forever.

These are the steps I took with Blaine in support.  I also have to say that this was the most helpful Garmin support person I ever dealt with.

- Connected the Edge to an iPad and there was no rebooting issue.

- Reconnected to the iPhone and the rebooting issue persisted.

- Connected the Edge to a different iPhone and there was no rebooting issue.

- Reconnected the Edge to the original iPhone to the Edge and the rebooting issue persisted.

- Connected the Edge to the local wifi network.

- Attempted to connect Edge to the original iPhone and it would not connect.

- Disabled wifi on the Edge

- Connected the Edge to the original iPhone and it rebooted one time and then seems to work fine since.

My best guess is that the initial steps had no effect, but connecting to Wifi did have some effect.

• I spoke too soon.  I went to use the Garmin Edge today and it went right back into the reboot loop where it reboots as soon as it connects to my phone.  Oh well, no phone connectivity on the Edge for me,

• Another update...I deleted the Garmin Connect app on my iPhone and then reinstalled it.  I then connected the Edge to my phone via the Connect app.  At the moment, it all seems to be working.  I'll give it more time before making the conclusion that it is working.