This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elapsed time accumulates too fast

I have been noticing that the Elapsed Time exceeds Elapsed time recorded on other Garmin devices. An example:

Last Sunday I went for a 200 K with two friends. They both have Garmin devices. We started and stopped the timer within seconds from each other. My moving time for the 200K was 9:18:30.

My Elapsed Tiime was 11:26:23. That makes sense as total stopping time was about 2 hours.

My friends Elapsed Time was around 11:12 (rounded), which leads to about 14 minutes difference, yet we started and stopped our ride on the device within seconds of each other.

I've set the Garmin 1030 Plus to Auto Pause/Auto Resume

Is there a setting that could account for this change?

Thanks,

• There’s nothing wrong. Garmin treat Elapsed Time as the time that has elapsed between starting and stopping to end the activity, so intermediate pauses are disregarded. You can retrieve moving time from GC afterwards.

Try using the Timer data field instead of Elapsed time.

• Not sure the data supports your thought.

My moving time for the 200K was 9:18:30. My Elapsed Tiime was 11:26:23. That makes sense as total stopping time was about 2 hours.

My friends Elapsed Time was around 11:12 (rounded), which leads to about 14 minutes difference, yet we started and stopped our ride on the device within seconds of each other.

• OK, something is not right then. It would have been helpful to put all the data in the original post.

• Thank you, I updated the original post. I also removed example #2 as I realize that TR total time is not equal to Garmin's Elapsed Time.

• If you know at what exact time you both started and stopped the activity, then you'd know which one is right. Just analyze the activities carefuly. Or post links to those activites, so someone can have a look.

• Here are two links to one activity that I recorded. First is recorded on a Venu 2. Second is recorded on the Edge 1030 Plus.

The Venu 2 recorded 44:49 as time, the Edge 1030 Plus recorded 45:18 as time. I started the Edge first followed by the Venu. Then I stopped The edge first, followed by the Venu. both occasions there was a 2-4 second delay between button press on Edge and Venu.

One thing I not is that the start time on the Edge is incorrect. (17:30). The actual start time was 16:07

Venu 2: connect.garmin.com/.../14425507378

Edge 1030 Plus: connect.garmin.com/.../14425508031

• One thing I not is that the start time on the Edge is incorrect. (17:30). The actual start time was 16:07

Then perhaps there is something wrong with the clock on the edge 1030.

Just run both devices against another clock (for example a stopwatch on your phone) and you'll know which one is right and which one is wrong.