This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connections with sensors

The Ant sensors frequently disconnect when I have started a workout. They usually connect at first, and in less than 5 minutes they all disconnect. Then while riding the bike I have to reconnect them manually, but still a while passes and they disconnect again and I don't know how to fix the problem, I need help.

I am using the Favero Pedals for Power, Shimano DI2, Garmin front and rear (radar)lights (which are the most problematic).  I am thinking to change to another Brand,I'm already desperate.

Carlos Villatoro

• I constantly have the same issues with my Favero Pedals and Garmin Heart Rate Strap.  But tonight about half way through my ride the 1030+ locked up and didn't record anything.  This is the second time in the last month or so that this has happened.

It was just a short ride today but I'm getting really tired of not having good data because of all the drop outs.  I know there are other threads on this so I don't expect this to get fixed as it seems like Garmin doesn't care about supporting older devices.

• Once again on a ride today my 1030+ locked up. I restarted it during the ride but it didn't pick up any of the sensors.

Garmin, how can you let so many people have this issue and stay so quite about it!!!!  I feel like this is intentional so we have to upgrade to a newer device if we want to keep the data on our rides. 

• This looks very strange. Never had such issues...How are your sensors connected? Via ANT+ or via BLE? There are some old discussion about problems with BLE (and nobody fixed that...), but ANT+ should be mostly rock stable.

• Have you tried beta firmware 6.79?

• I've installed 6.79 and will see if it helps.

• I went for 6.79 about a month ago but I still had dropouts. A few days ago I went for a ride again - and ran into trouble again. I uninstalled every sensor (Varia, speed and Stages gen 3 power crank). Ran into trouble again. But then I switched from ANT+ to BLE. Did a 110 km ride without ANY dropouts! That's a first - and well timed as I was about to sell the damned thing and go for a Wahoo :-)

• Did a couple of rides after the update and still had dropouts.  I've seen people switch to BLE instead of ANT+ and will try that as soon as I'm cleared to ride from my cataract surgery.

• Finally got to ride again today and I switched my connection from ANT+ to BLE on my Assioma pedals and left my Garmin HRM in ANT+ and didn't have any drop outs.  Will try it again tomorrow and see if it's clean again.