This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Power Meter connecting to Garmin but showing 0W

Hi there 

I have a SRAM red AXS Power Meter width a Garmin 1030 plus. All has been well for the last 8 months and just recently something has happened and my head unit just reads 0W. I've removed it and paired it back to my Garmin loads of times connecting via Ant and BLE with no joy. I've had the battery replaced in the power meter as well but again nothing. It's definitely a head scratcher. Does anyone have any ideas or a solution from having this same problem. 

• I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it? 

• You can check the status/settings with the SRAM AXS mobile app. I'd load that up and see if everything is reporting normal with that as a first step.

• My guess would be that it is not registering cadence. Does the power meter use a magnet for cadence. If so check its location.

• no, that is ancient old technique, it has gyro and/or accelerometer. just Quarq (quality)... (so if the gyro/accelerometer is dead in the AXS, then there is no power, that part is true :D)

• remove the battery cap, remove the battery, short-circuit this way for 5sec minimum, put back the battery and try again (with AXS app, if that see and can zeroing, etc, then try with Garmin also)

• Thanks everyone, I’ve played around with it for a while today. Finally got it working, I had to calibrate it first within the app, then again using the Garmin head unit. 

• btw i had "almost similar" problem with Edge 840 and (new) my Polar H10 HRM, i paired it to the Edge via BT , it connected , but there was no HR data on the 840 (the FR965 was showing good via ANT+) . i had to turn off the Edge completely (the sleep mode off -> on was not working, that didnt restart the comm chip) and turn it on. After it worked. so what i noticed, many times the sleep mode can cause less or more issues. (like the small clock on the top right corner, if the unit was in sleep mode and you turn on, the clock is showing the last known time /so when you put it sleep mode or went to sleep mode by itself/ until the 1st menu touch or button press, after that it changes to the real time. If the unit was in "switched off" state, and you turn it on, then the clock is good in the top right corner. it exist from the release date, and wasnt fixed...)