This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 not showing saved courses

Hi recently purchased 1030.  Initially brilliant.  I created some routes using Strava only 5 or 6 routes, uploaded and copied onto the 1030 by connecting with USB to my lap top.  Copy and paste - simple.  Worked perfectly, but now it's just stopped showing any extra new routes.  I am doing exactly the same process but they do not show as saved routes.  Any suggestions?

• You might have too many courses. There’s a limit of 100. 

• Thanks but no, I only had 5 or 6 routes.  I’ve now tried deleting all of them and starting again but it still doesn’t work so I’ve lost those as well now.  I have tried saving in both the Activities folder (which worked initially) and also the courses folder.

• They have to go into the NewFiles directory and the next power on (or then you remove the usb) they get “converted” and placed into the Courses directory. Also ensure the Course names are unique within the first 15 characters

• Perfect, thank you so much!!  I wonder why on the first few courses it allowed me to save direct into the "Activities" folder.  

• I'm surprised that worked.

----------------------------

One reason that the Garmin devices use the "NewFiles" thing is that it's safer.

The device can freely delete files from "NewFiles". This means it won't keep getting stuck on processing a defective file.

(It's actually kind of clever.)