This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does 1030+ not sync with Connect if ride activity is ongoing?

Hi - just purchased a 1030+ and wondering why they Sync button only shows up once my current ride is ended.

My use case is I start a manual ride for an hour. Then at a rest stop I map a new course using the Connect app and send it to my device. My device does not sync since I already have an "activity in progress".

If I end my manual ride then the sync button appears and the new course gets loaded. 

But that means that my day is now broken into 2 ride segments - the manual ride, and the post sync segment.

Is this how this is supposed to work or am I going around it wrong? I hope it's just a user error.

Any advice? Thanks 

• You cannot send a new route/course to your device unless the activity is stopped. This is completely nonsense from Garmin however they now allow this on the 1040 series.

My friends with Wahoo units just laugh at me for buying Garmin.

• Yikes - what a terrible design concept. I'm very surprised that they would not have fixed this with a software update.

I guess I will return my Garmin due to this issue and look at the Wahoo instead.

Doesn't make any sense to not be able to sync while a ride is ongoing... 

Simple logic would have been to prompt the user with "Do you want to add this course to your ride or restart as new ride?" when starting a new course. 

• The latest devices now allow you so load new routes whilst an activity is in progress so perhaps a 1040/840 maybe better. Yes I agree its nonsense but it appears to have been nonsense on the 1030 plus and many before it.,