This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Storing manually some points on a tour

The start/stop button pauses the Garmin during recording, that's ok. I'm trying to find out, if there's a way to record/mark a manual PAUSE/STOP with that button or in any other way, to see it after uploading the recorded tour. In other words I need something to mark and remember certain stops, that I did. thank you, maybe someone can help me.

• You can create a pin by a long press on the map screen. You can also rename these points.

Alternatively, you can use my IQ widget to do this. In the settings for the widget, you can define categories of points. Using my widget might be a bit quicker than dropping a pin but it's more work setting up.

https://sites.google.com/view/grouteloader/grouteloaderiq?authuser=0

These pins get put into locations. The file is \Garmin\Locations\Locations.fit

You can view this file using gpxsee (on a PC).

• If you don't use the lap function for what it's supposed to be for, then you can "abuse" it for your own purposes. Just press a lap in the desired places. You will see these points in GC with time and distance.