This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 Plus.

Just purchased the Garmin Edge 1030 plus. I managed to transfer two bike rides from my iphone to the 1030 Plus  but not without difficulty. Pairing takes forever. Often the 1030 just won't pair with my iphone even though they are adjacent to each other. Sync is also a no-no as that takes forever……..when it actually works. I’m fed up with having to delete the Garmin from my iphone and start again in bluetooth. Today, I’ve been  been trying for 5 hours to try to download another known ride……………impossible………… I’m now, sadly, repacking it in order to send it back to the merchant. First time I have owned a Garmin Edge device……..never again. Anyone else out there with these challenges? 

• No. My 1030+ paired with my iPhone without too much trouble.

I didn’t have much trouble with a 1030 either. That is now paired to an Android device (again, without much trouble).

Syncing with BT is slow. The 1030+ (like some other models) can use WiFi, which is much faster.

The 1030x create two BT connections. You want to be sure to delete both of them if you need to repair.

The connection process isn’t quite as clean as it should be but I’ve never taken more than five minutes to get it to work.

If your experience was common, you’d be hearing a lot of noise about it.