This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Poor navigation

I have never found navigation on edge units reliable. I am now using an Edge 1030+ after previously used an 800 and 1000. None of these units were usable for navigation to a location. On Monday I tried to make a journey from Emosson in Switzerland to Chamonix in France. This is about 30 km along a single road with no sensible options. The Edge proposed a 169 km route heading into Switzerland in the opposite direction. Fortunately I knew where I needed to go and the road signs were good. Even entering the outskirts of Chamonix the Edge tried to direct me up a mountain along gravel tracks. The routing is set to road cycling. Is there any improvement in the settings or can the edge not be trusted for navigation?

• Ive had loads of problems with navigating today and it was first time used in an area i was unfamilier with. Had to cut ride short and use google maps on my phone. No doubt some user error going on but really not impressed. These issues should not be happening when using a flagship expensive bike computer. Thank god for mobile phones n google maps!!!