This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Segment Screen?

I'm missing the point, but can someone explain the following on this segment screen: What does connection mean? What are the 2 vertical lines on the green profile for What is the blue teardrop all about? What are the blue and black lines at the bottom for?

• Connection is one of your contacts in Garmin Connect.

The two small balloons below the elevation profile are the positions of the two VP shown above.

The balloon behind your position (The blue balloon above the elevation profile) is the Connection. The one in front is the position of the KoM.

The bar below the elevation profile shows the length of the whole segment. The blue bar is how far through the segment you are. The two black bars mark the start and end point of the elevation plot above. It is giving a zoomed in view of the elevation so you are not seeing the whole thing.

• Thanks for the info.

OK I understand what the connection is now, but in this example am I  6 sec ahead or is he 6 sec ahead of me?

I don't have any contacts in Garmin so I assume that 'Connection' will not show an therefore there would be only one balloon in the green bit, the KOM?

I understand what the black and blue bar are.

It was much easier with the 1000.

• In the screen shot you are 16 second behind the KoM and 6 second ahead of one of your Garmin Connect contracts.