This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Tester privilege, how do you receive it? or do you?

In Garmin Connect for the Edge 1030+ I signed up to be a BETA tester. When I go to the Best tester web page the the COMMUINITY page https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/edge-530-830-1030-series/f/community-discussion   I am unable to reply to a discussion or add a topic when logged in.  When not logged in there is a reply button and I select it and I am asked for my login information and I enter and then I get a message that I have no privileges to reply or add a topic.  

The same occurs if I go and try to report a bug.

What magical button do I need to press to add a or what to gain and type of access? 

Not sure why I would be offered this feature if I cannot do anything with it.

any insight would be welcomed

regards.

• Try clear the cache in the browser before logging in to the forum? Or use incognito mode?

• thanks, but he cache is clean as a whistle.  how do you get in to "incognito mode"?  I have never heard of that mode.  I get what the words mean... thanks

• It’s not you, it’s "them" !

There is no current 530/830/1030 beta therefore Garmin closes additional posts for the previous beta versions and the community discussion too? This used to happen with each beta round where the previous ones were closed when a new round was started, very annoying and meant testers had to repost any issues (most) still outstanding. I had numerous times requested an ongoing area to post production problems but this was never provided. 

As far as I can determine the betas will allow anyone (logged in) to post when the beta is open, you might test this by entering a comment or new post (you don’t have to complete them) in the current 1040 17.23 beta which is open. Good testers are needed by Garmin but clearly not really appreciated or encouraged.

• here is the funny part. on Garmin connect my 1030 will not allow a beta sign up, but my 1030+ does allow one to sign up for the "beta" program. That is the oddity of it all.  I signed up with the 1030+ to put in my two cents...