This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User improvements for next relesase for 1030 and 1030+

Yes, I saw a thread about enhancing items for the EDGE 1030 and 1030+, but it was old and I am gong to refresh... and they system would not allow me to reply to it as well.

1. Add the Climb Pro for Free Rides to the 1030+!!!!!!!!!!  Is that possible?  
  2. Update the GRADE % to show one decimal number... i.e. 10.4 or 9.8. while riding.  Not whole numbers. 
  3. When completing a ride and prompted to enter the NUTRITION and HYDRATION.  Make the entry a number keyboard so one can enter 1568 or 666 and not 100 calories increments.  The same for hydration.   Or with HYDRATION give the option to enter number of bottles or key in an exact number. The Edge units are so accurate with other information and  this makes tracking accuracy irrelevant for these two items.
  4. It is a topic that continues to come up...  in forums , online reviews, YouTube reviews...... the GRADE % does not update in a timely manner. Prior to about 3-4 releases ago my Edge 1030 would update quickly for the GRADE %, but my Edge 1030+ has always been lagging.  Then, as noted, about 3 - 4 release ago a 1030 update has infected my Edge 1030 with the dreaded lagging GRADE % update.  I have seen the argument of "we have it update a bit slower to be more accurate" or to that effect.  However... it is equally inaccurate in the current methodology.  Return the the algorithm that the Edge 1030 originally used to update the GRADE % as that is worked well and was accurate.  Since you have done this prior the algorithm is present and one is not re-inventing code.

I conclude with this updates request and cannot wait to see them in the next release.

Regards.