This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Aquiring Satellites 1030 Edge Plus

I am getting frustrated with this one, and Garmin Support are taking an age to respond also........I went to Spain and it was working fine, I road two routes out there with no problem! Came to to the third ride and it looked like it had loaded the route to ride but wasn't showing directions, so I reloaded the course again and nothing happened - it then said acquiring satellites....and the map it showed looked American?  I did a Reset whilst out on the ride to no avail.......so was tagged into the ride.  

Coming home to the UK, I thought maybe that would solve it - but no, still saying acquiring satellites!  I have done a complete master reset and deleted all previous history and routes.  Deleted the Europe Maps, renistalled the Europe Maps and still nothing.  However I seem to have a load of trailfork maps for America??? I am wondering if this is why, but can't seem to find out how to disable or delete trail forks as I never use it? 

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.......

Kind regards Emma 

• Deleting maps or history won't do anything. The GPS receiver stuff is a base feature of the unit (the history and maps are a secondary feature).

I don't think this is your problem (since your device worked in Spain).

If you move a GPS unit a long distance while it is turned off, it needs a much longer time to acquire satellites.

Try turning it on and leaving it outside exposed to the sky for a while (30min).

• What navigation mode are you using and have tried changing it?   Right now I'm using "GPS + GLONASS" and having no issues.  But in the past I have used "GPS + GALILEO" and it worked great until it started giving me issues, kind of like you are having. But that was when they had less satellites in service. In my opinion , "GPS" is the most reliable, but combining it with another one give a more accurate location.

From the Garmin Connect menu, you can delete the trailfork App. Not sure if that would delete the maps or not.