This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Climb pro anywhere

Hello, 

this device will have climb pro without using route?

tks

• Will climb go pro anywhere be available on Edge 1030 plus ?

• Will go pro anywhere be available on Edge 1030 plus ?

• I dont believe Garmin has any plans to include this new feature in the 1030+ models.

• I have both an Edge 1030 Plus and an Edge 1040 (non solar).  I started looking into using Climb Pro without Navigation a few days ago.

Both computers have 32GB of memory, and I have both North America and Europe maps installed.  I have about 6GB of free space on both computers.  Map sizes are much larger if you want to use Climb Pro anywhere.  I would have to delete the map of Europe in order to load the expanded North America map.  Edge 1040 users have to join the beta software program to try out the feature.  People are reporting problems with the beta software, so I decided to wait.

So, as a practical matter, any Edge unit other than the Edge 1040 Solar, which has 64gb of memory, will have to make choices about maps in order to use Climb Pro anywhere.  Even the new Edge 840 Solar has the 32GB memory size.