This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the 1030 plus have training status 2.0? My Fenix 6 pro and 1030 plus now produce unmatched training statuses.

My Fenix 6 pro and 1030 plus now produce unmatched training statuses. They used to match. Apparently Fenix 6 pro was updated with HRV and training status 2.0, but 1030 plus was not? Odd as the 1030 plus is newer than the fenix 6 pro. These (at the time) flagship models should work together, no? 

I wear the Fenix most of the time. 1030 plus for bike rides with Fenix broadcasting HR. Now producing not just different loads, but consequently different advice. I sync both before activities, both have physio true up enabled, both firmwares are up to date. Same person, same dates, same activities. Both using 'acute load". Very different results, very different advice. Very different graphs. Why?

• Following... I am having the same issues, with the same devices, digging around to find out. 

• Same, assume it's training status 2.0 on the watch and not on the Edge device (I have 1030+ and 530) and it's all messed up now. Very disappointing

• I have the same problem with my fenix 7: I've had it since last week. Activities recorded on my 1030+ are not taken into account in Training status, and besides, the 1030+ has disappeared from the training status devices. So nothing is valid on this status anymore :(

But the first 3 days everything was fine. 

• I have a Fenix 6 Pro and Edge 1030+. All was fine until a firmware update on the Fenix. Completely different training status for each device. I have a ticket with support who tell me Engineering are working on the problem but have no outlook on a workaround or solution. Not ideal at all. All I want is the Fenix to be the wearable and Edge the training device. Not much to ask.

• I had an update from Product Support which is set out below. Net my Edge 1030+ was 12 months old when this problem started and it taken Product Support 6 month to come back with this response. I ought to add the online manual for the 1030+ still says it can perform trueup.

With these two devices, this is not possible, The Edge 1030 Plus is not compatible with the newer method which your Fenix is using, Which means the Edge unit will not get the same data as being shown in Garmin Connect, This is a design limitation, I understand this used to work however with the new feature this is no longer possible.

And there you have it. If you want the TrueUp stated as available in the 1030+, its not, so you now have to buy the 1040!