This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does my edge 1030 plus randomly pause and the start again whist out on a ride?

Why does my edge 1030 plus randomly stop and the start again whist out on a ride?

• Hello, Do you have auto pause enabled? You can check by going to menu > activity profiles > auto features > auto pause. 

or if you have auto pause enabled and it is not pausing at the correct time, do you use a speed sensor? perhaps the battery is low and losing connection. 

• Hi,thanks for responding…yes I have paused enabled “When stopped” but the unit randomly pauses when I’m riding?.I also have a speed,cadence and radar light connected and the speed and cadence sensors have new batteries installed

• J'ai le même problème, l'appareil s'arrête et redémarre tout seul depuis la mise à jour. Il reprend ma sortie avec des moyennes erronées. Je n'ai pas de suivi d'une trace en cours et la batterie est chargée 

• It might be just the way that GPS works.  I think it get "confused" sometimes when the signal from the sats bounces off buildings or it temporally loses the signal or regain it. When the Garmin sees a new Sat or loses a SAT, it may think you are moving when you are not, or stopped when you are not.  It seems to be worse when around high buildings or in areas when it sees fewer Sats.   For me, setting the auto pause to a custom speed of 2.5 or 3MPH  helps and using a wheel sensor.  Usually with the wheel sensor, the Garmin knows when you are rolling or stopped.