This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Power meter sensor keeps dropping out

Version 6.50

Didn't have the problems before. Started after updating to latest version. 

Basically all of a sudden Edge loses power meter sensor. I need to remove/forget the sensor, turn device off completely (not just sleep mode), restart, search for sensors and pair again. Then it works - for a little bit until it happens again. 

Thought might be one off but unfortunately has been happening now on all my rides since the update. It's really annoying. 

Can I go back to a previous software version? Please release update

• What power meter do you have? I had the same problem with my Garmin Vector 3 pedals and ended up I just needed to clean the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. There is a webpage with instructions. It coincided with an update but was apparently completely unrelated. 

• SRAM quarq. I think the power sensor dropping happened once since I bought the edge plus. And since I updated the latest software happened on every ride. On a 4 hour ride happened 4 times. 

I just came back from a ride. I changed the GPS settings and only happened once but as soon as the connection dropped it picked it up again immediately. Not sure if GPS could be impacting it in any way. Just an observation. 

• Update - i changed the battery on my powermeter - what happens now is that i have many sensor dropouts but then the device manages to find the sensor by itself - after 5-10seconds of pedalling. It can happen 3-7 times on a 3 hours ride. Not sure if others have that problem -