This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disable Virtual Partner

I just bought this GPS and I'm annoyed by the Virtual Partner. I can see on this forum 3 years old requests to Garmin to be able to turn it off.

Can you confirm this was not taken into account?

Quite weird.

Thanks!

• That's bad. I am permanently annoyed by this (for me useless) function, too.

• The new Explore 2 does not (currently) have the VP, don't know if they will realise this (don't tell them) and add it later?

• The Explore devices are aimed at the touring and leisure cycling market where the Virtual Partner is more or less pointless.

The other Edge devices are aimed to the competitive cycling market where, I believe, the Virtual Partner is of some use.

But I agree there should be some way to disable it completely.

• Found a work around - I plan all my Routes in Komoot.  in Garmin connect app select courses, find course you are going to follow. 3 dots R/H corner, opens menu. You need to duplicate the route. Back to course list and select Copy of….. select same 3 dots and edit, scroll down to bottom and put average speed to1 km/hr ( just my choice), I then rename course and save. I have Never seen that irritating VP grey arrow again.

I then delete the original course which is usually got average speed default set at 25km/hr 

it’s a bit of a faff but worth it ,