This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB connection goes up and down repeatedly

As of today (June 25, 2022) when I connect my 1030 plus to my computer with a USB cable the connection goes erratically up and down. There is a sound notification in my PC that indicates when a new connection is found and when it is lost and it indicates a found connection, just to indicate a lost connection maybe half a second later. This pattern continues repeatedly. I can sometimes see in my file browser that the icon for the garmin device shows up, just to disappear again after a few tenths of a second. Another pattern is that my computer indicates a found connection 4 or 5 times in a row with maybe 0.3 seconds in between but nothing happens and eventually the device enters non-transfer mode.

The cable I use was successfully used a few days ago for the exact same purpose and on this day it was successfully used to connect a 1030 for transferring a .gpx file to NewFiles-catalog of said device.