This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 with Varia RTL515 error "Light is disconnected from the network"

Hi all,

Recently, been getting a properly annoying "Light is disconnected from the network" error popping up on my Garmin (the Edge 1030 Plus). 

The message appears, then you press it to go away, then appears again. It is constant. 

Also, my friend who runs the same Varia on his Edge 1030 (not the plus model) gets the same error. 

The radar function appears to work, but the error is really annoying. 

I've made sure both devices are up to date. I've deleted and re-paired the sensor. Nothing seems to fix it. 

Anyone have any ideas?

• exact same here - works fine but message still desplaying constantly

• I'm having the same issue on my 1040.  This is rendering the device practically unusable whenever the light isn't on, which is all the time when I'm using/configuring the device at home.  This is ridiculous and needs sorting.

• Hi all, have completely removed the connection from the Varia to the edge. Then updated the Edge to the latest software, then re-paired the two, then updated the Varia to the latest software - since has seen a marked improvement in this issue not showing as often. 

• same thing just happening on my Edge 1030 Bontrager

• I've been having this problem with my Trek bontrager lights and I am ready to unpair them because of this ridiculous message.

• Go to sensors. Lights. Enable to off. Problem will be solved and radar works fine. You turn light on and off with the light. Ignore the light network. Make sure you pair the radar not the light.

• I'm having the same problem. RTL515 and Edge 1040. Latest software (18.23 and 3.33). Lots of 0:FC errors, occasional 0:11, today 0:9. Radar occasionally disconnects, then reconnects almost immediately.

The change to disable the light connection seems to help with the errors for a while, but then the errors start happening again, then with increasing frequency. Unpairing/repairing helped for a while, but then the errors became frequent again. Pretty annoying, as I can't see my HR or cadence with the error messages on the screen (almost constantly).

I'm going to try testing a bit longer, then contact Garmin support directly.

• Same issue with lights & radar rtv 315 on my 1030+

This is purely Garmin issue and their inability to support their own external sensors/hardware & inability to code to their own specifications, never mind supporting the Ant+ protocol

The Trek/Bontrager lights are fine and there is nothing wrong with them and the same lights will work without any issues on a Karoo 2.

Don't bother with the Garmin "light network" & just turn the lights on & off manually when you start/end a ride