This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lap Key function on training programme

Can someone explain what I'm supposed to do when the 'Lap Key' mode starts during a training programme.. eg between intervals? if I leave it alone the programme just doesn't progress to the the next stage.. I have to swipe the screen up and press something which cancels this Lap Key mode to be able to continue with the session. This happens every time there's a repeat.. it's very annoying because of the fiddling with screens every time. The first time it happened I spent like 20mins just riding with no advance on the programme until I cancelled it.

• Where are the workouts that you have on your Edge coming from? Garmin Connect, Training Peaks, etc? 

• On Garmin Connect. I’m doing a 16 week program and at least one session a week has the Lap Key’ element as part of the intensity blocks. When it starts the timer counts up instead of down and you have to physically turn it off on the touch screen so you can carry on with the program.

• I have to say that for my interval training (personalized) or the proposed everyday from Garmin, I have not to push lap button. It works always with the time you programmed, and LAP button just jump to the next training interval.

This is just for me and my training programs.

Regards

• There is a funktionality "continue until lap press" that I have in several of my workouts.

In that case, the device will remain in the current workout step, until you press the lap button.

So, simply press the lap button to advance to the next workout step. It is the button front-left (looks same as the start button but sits on the left side instead of the right side of your device).

Happy training!

• Ahh.. ok,  I’ve never been able to work out what that button was for..

• Yup, that is the one :-)

But be careful, once you found out it exists it will perhaps be tempting to skip manually to the next workout step if the current one is too heavy for you!

In workout it skips to next step.

Without workout it creates a new lap, sort of segment, for which you can see metrics in Garmin Connect (Mobile).

• That’s great thanks so much.. I’ve never been one for reading manuals.. which is a bit dumb. . but hey ho..Thumbsup

• I have the same problem but when I press the lap key it ends the workout