This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 Plus not syncing Strava Segments

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Garmin Edge 1030 Plus which for the most part works great, however no matter what I try I cannot get Strava Segments to sync with my Garmin. I have followed the instructions on Garmin's website on how to sync this and I know the sync works as when I complete a ride on my Garmin this is automatically synced with Strava but the Segments just will not pull down at all. I have checked the basics and can confirm Garmin Connect is set to use Strava Segments and not Garmin Segments and I have starred the Segments within Strava but they will not sync no matter what I try. I have so far tried to reset the Garmin device to factory settings, broken the synchronisation between Garmin and Strava and re-established this, removed both the Garmin and Strava apps from my phone and re-installed these but nothing makes the Segments sync!

Has anybody else had this issue, is there something I'm missing somewhere!? I know firmware 6.40 has only just been released and I never got chance to test this with the firmware that came with my device but I'm wondering if this is maybe a firmware issue at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• First check that there are some segments on the unit. Look in the Garmin\Segments folder.

Next check that you can access them via the UI. Look for segments under training.

Finally are you following a course or not?

• Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm the segments do not appear on the device nor in the UI. I can also confirm I am following a course for which I have starred the segments in Strava. I can't see that I have missed anything, Strava routes do pull down fine it's just the segments! Disappointed

Cheers.

• Juts to add to this, when I log into Garmin Connect online, the segments do appear in there so they are coming across to Garmin Connect, just not being synced with the Garmin device for whatever reason! 

• Hi,
    I think descent segments are not synchronized.

BG

• HI, 

I have read this also but the segments I am syncing are not all descent segments, there are some climbs in here also. I have created a ticket with Support so hopefully they will be able to shed some light! 

Cheers. 

• Hi, i am also having this issue! They were working fine and now no longer sync!! Did you get anywhere with support?

• To be honest no I didn't, I ended up figuring it out myself. The issue for me is that e-Bike segments from Strava are not synchronized to Garmin which is frustrating as it's not stated anywhere that e-Bikes are unsupported. My issue may differ from yours though. Hope this helps somebody at least! 

• Well, i have figured it out but haven't figured it out Sweat smile  after much much searching i found this;

https://www.doogal.co.uk/SegmentViewer.php

I can log in with strava, look at all my starred segments from strava and then download them, plug my garmin in and manually transfer the files over the segments list folder. Bit of a pain, yes, but it works. May also work with e-Bike segements.

• Ah ha! Interesting...! I've just tried this and I've managed to get the Live Segments onto the Garmin which to be honest I've not been able to do before... Typically I snapped my chain last night so I can't try this now until weekend but as soon as I do I shall report back! Grinning Thanks for responding to this! 

• Oh i'm really glad that was helpful, I nearly melted my brain after weeks of trying and failling to find a sollution!! This was like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Laughing

Hopefully you can get your chain fixed and can get back out there soon, let me know how you get on Thumbsup