This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Drop-outs on Version 6.30

Is anyone else experiencing random sensor drop-outs on FW 6.30? Speed sensor doesn't seem to be affected but I've noticed drops in HR and Cadence that never happened before 6.30.

• I'm at least reassured it isn't just me, annoying though it is. 

• Same here, also my Pm drops periodically.

• Yes. several dozen PM connection drops on yesterday's ride.  However today there was no drop.  Very strange.

• After reviewing some old change log notes I took notice of a particular bug.  I wonder if an old bug somehow made its way into version 6.30.

Changes made from version 6.00 to 6.10:

• Fixed issue introduced in a recent public beta where the ANT search channel could remain open for the whole ride causing potential connectivity issues and draining battery unnecessarily.
  • Did anyone find a solution to this issue?

• Have you tried just to connect with only Bluetooth? I use only Bluetooth, except on the Varia 515 radar. I can't find a way to connect the radar with Bluetooth to the Edge 1030 plus.

• From the other thread about these dropouts:

Since no response from Garmin, here's  my fix that worked for me today.

1. We need to install the old 6.10 firmware, as 6.30 does not seem to work for a lot of people.

2. Go to: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15682#Instruct
    I
    t says 6.29 beta, but when you download the file and unzip it, you will see two files:

GUPDATE.GCD (this is 6.29 beta, you DO NOT want this one)

GUPDATE_610.GCD (this is the one you want, the old 6.10 version) This is probably there incase you installed the 6.29 and it didn't work, so you can revert back to 6.10.  

Follow instructions at the bottom of the page, AND DO STEP 6, which wants you to copy the GUPDATE_610.GCH to your Garmin via your USB cable.  THEN RENAME IT to GUPDATE.GCD, as apparently this  is the file name that your 1030 recognizes that you have an update.  Reboot your Garmin, select update, you will get scary message that says something about you will lose your information, but it seems like it only loses which phone you are paired with and what your wifi password is.  It does not lose your data screens or sensor pairing information (whew). I think it might lose your "personal records", like what your fastest 40k segment, what your max V02 is, but it seems to keep the rest of the info.  When it "Synchs" it probably took mine 30 minutes or so to do whatever it is doing.,  And now the Garmin works again with Power/HR/GPS/etc.  I had no dropouts today on a 4 hour ride, whereas I had 10+ dropouts on yesterday's ride.  NOTE TO GARMIN: If the above information is wrong, please delete this info.

• Thanks for the info.  I just want to add a comment.  In the past when I reverted to an older version of firmware I did lose all of my settings including all of the data screens under each activity profile.  It was a real pain to manually redo the settings.  But Garmin has provided a way that allows you to backup and recover your settings.  The following is from Garmin.  I have not personally tried this myself but if I were to revert to an older firmware I would copy the backup files to my personal PC before following the steps you provided.  After the update then copy the files from your personal PC to the /NewFiles folder.  I hope this helps.

The Edge does store off backup settings in Garmin/Debugging/Backup. You could try to restore your settings by copying the files in that folder to the Garmin/NewFiles folder.